Design, Plans & Drafting Services for Homes & Additions by C & A Design Associates, LLC
Initial Meeting (Virtual or in Person)
• Determine client wants and needs
• Gain insight into project design, demands,code requirements.
• Provide background information about C & A Design
• Gather enough information to generate a project proposal.
• Submit a formal proposal outlining project scope,definition and payment schedule.The process of should take between 1 – 2 weeks.
• Grant client 30 days to accept or reject the offer.
• Once client accepts the proposal, a meeting is scheduled to gather further details about the project.
Requirements Gathering Meeting (Virtual or in Person)
• Solidify requirements in greater detail and take any pertinent measurements necessary to create the conceptual drawings.
• At the end of this meeting the initial payment for the project is due.
• Use client information to create a conceptual plan.
• Concept plans are drawn in the 11 x 17 format and will contain floor plan information. We may, at our discretion, include rough elevation and/or 3D views of the project if such further information is needed to clarify discussion points.
• These drawings will not to be used for construction purposes and will be marked ‘Not for Construction.’
• Client provides feedback after reviewing conceptual drawing. The client, most likely, becomes more involved by doing the research to select windows and doors, roofing, floor coverings etc. • After client acceptance of conceptual plan the second installment is due.
• Upon concept approval, final designs are started.
• At this point there is frequent communication between designer and client as the design takes on the final shape
• This iteration is an 11 x 17 size drawing set, with borders, title blocks, etc. added so that the client can envision what the final print ill look like.
• These plans may be used to get estimates as to the cost of the building but cannot be used for construction purposes. These will be marked: Not for Construction’.
• Once ‘Final’ plans are approved we print the final plan in 24 x 36 format and the design process is complete.
• The final payment is due and it’s time to move on to the building phase!!!
ALSO SEE DESIGN PROCESS FLOW CHART next page